How to form it: (will) + (verb). Examples: I will run; she will play.
THE BIG PICTURE:
Use this tense to:
- Talk about actions or conditions that will occur in the future.
Example: Paul will graduate from Harvard in 2010.
- To express a promise or intention.
Example 1: We’ll call you when we get to the airport.
Example 2: I’ll see if I have any helpful contacts for your job search.
- To volunteer to do something.
Example: I’ll make chocolate chip cookies for the bake sale.
- To command somebody to do something.
Example: You’ll clean up your room right now!
When forming questions, use “shall” instead of “will” for (I/we) sentences.
- Shall we dance?
- Shall I go to the store and pick up something for dinner?